This month we started carrying ground chicken from Griggstown Quail Farm in our Farm Store. Stacey Gentile, our marketing coordinator, discovered that it makes delicious burgers! Here is her mouth-watering recipe:
1. Defrost ground chicken for 1 hour (or 2 hours in the fridge).
2. Once chicken is fully thawed, place in a bowl and mix in the following to season:
- Organic diced spinach from E. R. & Son Organic Farm (West Windsor Farmers’ Market)
- Salt & pepper (ALWAYS!)
- Minced local garlic from Stult’s Farm (WWFM)
- Black Pepper & Garlic Cheddar Cheese Curds (CGF), cut or crumbled into smaller chunks
- Just enough bread crumbs to hold the burger together
3. Mold the seasoned ground chicken into patties, then grill or pan sear on the stove until fully cooked.
4. Serve on a roll from the Village Bakery, and top with your favorite local greens (we picked organic micro-greens from North Slope Farm), sliced fresh tomatoes, any of our delicious cheeses, and a splash of Funni Bonz BBQ Sauce!