Our farm store features our own handcrafted cheeses, pasture-raised meats and eggs, as well as locally-made foods like jams and chutneys, cookies, granola, ghee, pickles, etc. and locally-made products like beeswax candles, alpaca wool textiles, handwoven aprons. We are looking for a sales associate who loves good food, can talk about food, and cares about creating a good experience for our customers. We work in a team environment, with farmers, cheesemakers, and market staff.
• Be reliable and on-time
• Be passionate about local foods and sustainable agricultural.
• Be friendly, well-spoken, and enjoy educating customers.
• Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, with a sense of humor, and ability to go with the flow
• Be well organized, clean, and willing to work in fast paced, fluid conditions.
• Have a valid driver’s license and be willing to work on weekends.
• Be able to lift 25 pounds, and be on their feet for most of an 8-hr day.
• Have prior retail sales experience
• Be computer comfortbale, work with email and shared drives/calendars
• Live near Lawrenceville/Princeton
Extra Points for:
• Previous farm market or food sales experience
• Previous cooking background
• Experience crafting information and educating people about local foods and buy local programs
• Providing excellent customer service to customers, vendors and market patrons, answering questions, providing information, and educating the public about the farm and its mission
• Answer questions about our farm, our cheeses and meats, and how to prepare them.
• Operate cloud based register and make daily deposits. handling cash, responsible for store opening and closing reports
• Maintain accurate inventory records.
• All duties at farm store as spelled out in the farm store manual, including:
o Prepare and offer samples every day.
o Receive deliveries, and restock product, following protocols
o Cutting and packaging cheese according to standards and protocols
o Wash and package our fresh pastured eggs daily
o Keep meat and cheese properly stored and organized in walk ins.
o Maintain stock in store. Keep all equipment clean and orderly
o Assist with the organization and merchandising in the store
o Organize and maintain supplies and decorative materials
• Ship internet orders
• Assist with posting to social networking sites for market
• Develop solid knowledge of how our animals are raised and processed.
• Other duties as assigned by Retail Manager
Hours: 2-3 days (16-24 hours) per week, including a weekend day
Compensation: Hourly rate based on experience
Perks: 30% employee discount in farm store
Start Date: Now