- 2 pounds boneless lamb leg
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into medium dice
- 2 tablespoons Maras pepper, or 2 teaspoons other dried chili powder mixed with 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- 4 metal skewers
- Build a two-level fire in your grill by putting all the coals on one side. When the flames have died down and the coals are medium-hot (you can comfortably hold your hand 6″ above the grill for 3-4 seconds), you’re ready to cook.
- Trim the lamb of most of the fat and cut into 32 more or less equal chunks. Combine in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; toss well to coat.
- Thread the lamb chunks onto skewers (8 or so per skewer) and place directly over the coals. Cook, turning, until done to your liking, about 8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- When the lamb is done, slide the chunks off the skewers into a large bowl, then add apricots, Maras pepper, garlic, mint, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and more salt and pepper to taste and toss vigorously. Serve warm.