Calls for a tart, chunky black currant preserve.
- 1/4 cup Eat This Blackberry Rosemary preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Muirhead Dijon mustard
- 6 center cut whey-fed Cherry Grove Farm pork chops
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- Mix preserves and mustard together in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet just large enough to hold the chops comfortably, and brown them lightly on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and spoon the currant/mustard mixture over the chops evenly.
- Cover chops, reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until chops are done (160 internal temp). Transfer chops to a platter or keep warm in the oven. Leave the preserve mixture in the pan.
- Remove excess fat from the skillet. Add the white wine vinegar, set pan over medium heat and bring juices to a boil, stirring and scraping up any brown bits (deglazing the pan). When the sauce is reduced by about one third, pour it over the chops and serve immediately.