Total Time: 1 hour (10 minutes prep; 50 cook)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 handful parsley, chopped, optional
- Heat the oil in an oven proof pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until it has just browned all over, breaking it apart as you go.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the eggs, parmigiano reggiano, roasted red pepper, sausage, onions, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until the eggs are almost set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan into a preheated 400F oven and let the eggs finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the frittata, sprinkle on the cheese and broil until the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley.