- Cherry Grove Farm Toma cheese
- sliced artisanal, crusty local bread (2 slices per person)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large heavy pan, cook the bacon, one or two stripes per person, turning frequently, until golden-brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil.
- Slice the tomato into ¼ inch thick slices and place on ½ of the bread slices. Sprinkle a little bit of salt.
- Place all the bread slices (both those that bear tomatoes and those that don’t) on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, until the bread is golden and the tomatoes heated through.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and place slices of Toma on the tomato-free slices of bread. Top the Toma with the cooked bacon.
- Return the bread to the oven and continue cooking until the cheese melts.
- Carefully, using clean kitchen towels or mittens to protect you hands, combine the tomato slices and cheeses slices into sandwiches. Press them together to create a grilled-cheese effect and serve immediately.